- Ability to make accurate and neat drawings, knowledge of advanced mathematics, and surveying.
- Knowledge of drafting and surveying principles.
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D to generate a final deliverable to the client.
- Ability to coordinate with field crews and survey technicians to establish project responsibilities, priorities, and deadlines.
- Ability to provide quality assurance and quality control of various survey projects.
- Must be self-motivated, Professional Surveyor and Mapper in the State of Florida
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Marketing Skills
- Must understand the importance of project budget and deadline constraints
- Ability to work independently as well as with office staff and field crew personnel
- Resourceful problem solver focused on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
- Performing field inspections
- Preparing daily reports
- Coordinating progress meetings
- Evaluating contractor’s work compared to plans and specifications
- Performing pay quantity field measurements and review contractor pay requests
- 5 years of relevant experience in utilities and road construction
- Possession of (or ability to obtain) CTQP certifications
- Good communication and documentation skills
- General knowledge of construction techniques and ability to read plans and specifications
- Ability to perform materials sampling a plus
Description: MWI is searching for an entry to Mid level Field Technician desired to support engineering firm during inspection of potable water meters. Duties will include locating water meters, obtaining data including vault location/siting, vault size and type, pipe material, and obtaining photographic records, successful candidate must be able to prepare electronic reports to capture meter data. Position includes full benefits.
Additional Information: MWI is an EEO Employer – MWI considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws and regulations.
Metzger + Willard, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Email resume to email@example.com.